viernes, 26 de junio de 2009

Interesting WebSites

Website of the Municipality of Guadalajara de Buga

Website of the Señor de los Milagros de Buga

Local Channel CNC Website

Imder Buga Website

website of the Camara de Comercio de Buga

website of the Buga's Fair

website of festibuga

Contact Me:

Buga's Fair - La Feria de Buga

Everyone is invited!

XIV encuentro Departamental de poesía, canciones y arte pictórico (homenaje Alejandro Cabal Pombo)

XIV encuentro Departamental de poesía, canciones y arte pictórico (homenaje Alejandro Cabal Pombo)

made March 5, 2009, for the celebration of 439 years of Guadalajara de Buga.


Guadalajara de Buga is a city of contrasts, there was reconciled with the modern tradition, progress with respect to the past, faith in the joy. It has the charm of the cities in which privacy is still able to breathe, and neighborhood solidarity. It is interesting in this space which is part of a musical event features international. Each year, Guadalajara de Buga "Ciudad Señora de Colombia" is experiencing a very special experience, the realization of the FESTIVAL NACIONAL E INTERNACIONAL DE INTÉRPRETES DE LA CANCIÓN DE BUGA, better known as "FESTIBUGA".

The venue of this festival was the Teatro Maria Cristina, welcome reminder of the Bugueño and involved in several towns of the department and four representatives from other parts of the country.

Given the positive balance of an artistic version of the first Festival for the following year joined the organization in its efforts by the mayor and various civic associations and institutions, was institutionalize annual increase other ingredients such as the Kingdom of the Festival.
For 1974, the headquarters of the Festival was moved to the Concha Acústica which was named "Bernardo Romero Lozano".

Between the years 1974 and 1982 enabled the consolidation of the Festival and achieving notable progress in 1976 and the Festival in its international version. The trophy was instituted "The Old Chapel, Lord of Miracles", was broadcast on national television special, and with musicians of great national and international career. These events placed the festival in a place of importance in the art world in the 1982 playoffs and the finals have their own seat, premieres la Concha Acústica.

In 1985 and after two years of silence la Concha Acústica is decked again to welcome the representatives of the country and the musical world. The festival comes with a new board, with a structure and a new organization aiming at sustainability and success. They also legalized the Statute, by the importance and visibility of the event, it became necessary to expand coverage of social objectives. Why life was given legal creation of the Foundation for National and International Festival of Song Interpretes Buga "FESTIBUGA" non-profit Foundation, which promotes the culture in its various manifestations.

History of the Señor de Los milagros

This is a very pretty story, familiar to all the Bugueños.

History of the Señor de Los milagros

The year 1580 was a small hamlet Buga. Buga river then ran through the site where now the Temple of the Señor de los milagros. On the left side of the river had a straw "Ranchito" india where he lived an old woman whose office was doing laundry. His dream was to buy a crucifix and was collecting money for it until it joined seventy (70) reales. Would take to cure the price of the crucifix, as he passed through there a man, father, crying 'cause take him to the jail because it had seventy reales and what was not paid.
The Indian was filled with sadness and longing to leave their preferred later and helped the poor man, who blessed for having saved. Days later I was washing clothes outside again when brought by the river came into his hands a crucifix, she was the most precious jewel. As it could not belong to anybody because it was completely uninhabited upstream, was happy with his discovery and he improvised an "altarcito" and lovingly placed it in a wooden box.

One night he heard tapping on the site where he kept the picture and took a big surprise when he saw the Holy Christ and the box had grown significantly, but that it was imagined illusion from your eyes weakened by age.

The image continued to grow and when he said, was already close to a meter height.
She told the gentlemen of the most important people, who see it and realize that the poor lady had no money to get a cross of this size was confirmed that a miracle.
Devotees start removing pieces to carry and were to deteriorate to a special visitor arrived from Popayán ordered burned. Being thrown into the flames the image began to sweat copiously during two days so that the neighbors soaked cotton swabs to take as relics and get healing. The year was 1607.

After this image was more beautiful. People began to have great devotion to this miracle and come from all pilgrims and pilgrimages to visit the sick to obtain healing and achieving benefits the needy.
After these events the chronicle of 1819, the Ranchito the elderly became a meeting place for devotees and was given the name by which he is known for centuries "El Señor de Los Milagros".
After the death of the old woman thought to be the place where the crucifix should be placed. "Ranchito" his left near the water and grew, it changed its course and turned away, he left open the site near the place of its occurrence, to build their temple, which was built small and it was called "La Ermita".

The Holy Christ is a touching image, carved in wood, but this has been fortified with pulp and is well conserved, despite its age. The cross is 1.70 meters high and 1.30 wide. The image is dark. The cross is the sign INRI (meaning: "Jesus Nazarene, King of the Jews"), the emerging rays of silver cross, which had gifted his devotees and the crown is gold and precious stones. Head of the Holy Christ is highly inclined, for their injuries, especially on the side, pour plenty of blood, hair bloodied also falls into two bundles on their shoulders. The face haunted by the pain kept an expression of resignation and impressive majesty. The eyes are closed and lips ajar.

Images (in order of appearance)
1. Statue and mural in the Hermitage, represent the story of the milagroso de Buga
2. Aerial view of the lower basilica of the Señor de los Milagros
3. The Hermitage, located in the place where was the "Ranchito"'s india
4. Statue representing the time that india is the crucifix
5. Señor de los Milagros de Buga

"Plegaria al Milagroso" por el Charrito Negro

La Basilica del Señor de Los milagros

The Minor Basilica of the Señor de Los Milagros is a Colombian Catholic minor basilica located in Guadalajara de Buga (Valle del Cauca). It is located in Zone 4 Buga Historic Center, three blocks from the Cathedral of St. Peter the Apostle, cathedral of the Diocese of Buga, and one of the Church of St. Francis of Assisi, also belonging to the diocese.

The first stone of the building was blessed by Monsignor Ortiz, Archbishop of Popayán, in which event the President of the United States of Colombia, Rafael Nuñez, also participated. The construction took fifteen years, in which case, among others, the War of a Thousand Days. On August 2, 1907, the temple was opened, and June 23, 1937 Pope Pius XI granted him the title of basilica minor (by Cardinal Eugenio Maria Giuseppe Giovanni Pacelli, who later became Pope Pius XII) .

The church is 33 m and 80 m long and has a French clock installed March 18, 1909.